Learning opportunities come from both inside and outside the classroom. While your primary responsibility is to your classroom and academic success, the Veterans Success Center is committed to providing activities and engagement opportunities that are social, educational or help you plan for your future. Below are a few of the events and activities we have hosted:
- Veteran and Dependent Orientations
- Veterans Week
- Memorial Day Remembrance (Gold Star Aggie Wall)
- Veteran Career Networking Event
- Monthly social events
- Coffee Thursday
- Football tailgates in partnership with the Davis Student Veteran Organization
- Hail & Farewell end of year celebration
Local Veterans Organizations
Davis Student Veteran Organization
"The purpose of the Davis Student Veteran Organization shall be to provide a forum for collegiality and networking between student veterans and military personnel from all branches of service as well as students committed to advocacy for veterans, promote awareness of and advocacy for veteran issues, and organized service to local veterans and the community."
King Hall Veterans Association
KHVA exists to bridge the gap between veteran and non-veteran law students through honest and intelligent conversation, events that bring together these two groups, and by connecting with members of the community who are either veterans themselves or supporters of veterans.
UC Davis Veteran Constituency Group
The Veteran Constituency Group's mission is to serve as a campus veteran resource that fosters unity and advocates on behalf of veteran staff, faculty and students in an effort to increase the presence, visibility and advocacy of the University of California, Davis veterans, service members and families. We will work to bring about a broad-based awareness, promote a shared environment of sensitivity and understanding, and encourage excellence and advancement at all levels within the UC Davis campus community. For more information or to get involved, email email@example.com.
VFW Post 6949 Davis, CA
Many of the VFW Post 6949 members are UC Davis alumni and we partner with the DSVO and the UC Davis VSC in hosting numerous events.
- Our mission: Foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts; serve our veterans, the military, and our communities; and advocate on behalf of all veterans.
- Our vision: Ensure that veterans are respected for their service, always receive their earned entitlements and are recognized for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made on behalf of this great country.
- Our core values: Serve our community; honor military service; and ensure the care of veterans and their families.
UC Davis Military Network, CAAA
The Cal Aggie Alumni Association is home to the Aggie Network, which consists of several smaller networks of which the UC Davis Military Network is one. The CAAA helps ALL of UC Davis' 250,000-plus alumni around the world, Aggie parents and families,