Welcome to the University of California, Davis and the Veterans Success Center!
If you are a new or transferring veteran or dependent to UC Davis, below are instructions about the intake process here at the Veterans Success Center (VSC) and what happens after the intake process.
Veterans Affairs or CalVet Application Forms
The first step to using education benefits is to complete all the enrollment forms and collect any necessary paperwork through Veterans Affairs or Cal Vet. Information about each chapter can be found on the our veterans page and dependents page.
Download the Intake Form
Download and fill out the VSC Intake Form to submit with all your required documents.
Submit the Intake Form and Required Documents
Cal Vet Fee Waiver students can submit as soon as they are accepted to UC Davis and have their approval letter from their county. All other veterans and dependents can submit the completed form after their first class registration appointment.
Please submit all required documents to the VSC as attachments in one single email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will assist us in keeping track of your documents and your file.
- Email should include your first and last name, and your student identification number
- VSC Intake Form
- Required forms listed under each chapter benefit
- UC Davis Academic Plan Form (APF)
What to Expect After the Intake Process
Once a student has submitted all appropriate documents the student will receive a confirmation email. Students should expect:
- Within 30 days of the term starting (quarter/semester), for which an Academic Plan Form (APF) was submitted, the School Certifying Official will begin submitting certifications to the VA.
- The student will receive an automated email directly from the VA notifying them of their submitted certification.
- The VA will receive the certification and the VA will process it accordingly.
- Benefit payments will be sent out by VA accordingly (VA dictates when payments go out).
- Student records are reviewed each quarter/semester by the VSC staff and additional information my be required as part of the certifying process. Please provide this information in a timely manner to avoid a delay in benefit processing.